Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crazy little thing called TRAVEL

Brad and I just got back from a whirlwind OHIO trip. Trey got to go to Grandmere and Poppy's and had a great time picking strawberries, swimming, and going to the park.



We headed down to Cincinnati on Friday, stopping at Jeffersonville Outlets (I am addicted to PotteryBarn Kids...nothing seemed appealing to me there this time though, possibly because my husband was with me poo-pooing my choices), a branch of my business to tour a plant in Hamilton, and Jungle Jims. We ended the days drive in Park Hills, KY, to stay with Brandi and Brian, had some wine and a nice dinner.

The next morning we headed down to Louisville. If you know my husband, he is non-stop and this weekend was no exception. We squeezed in a walk to the riverfront, a trip to Churchill Downs and the famed Kentucky Derby Museum, a Ghost Tour, a trip to a winery, and finally visited the Louisville Slugger Bat Factory. We also went to a movie, The Hangover, which we drove to INDIANA to see!!! Oh and did I mention we were there for my work? So we also managed to set up a trade show booth and attend a show. Yesterday, on the way home, we detoured to Fremont to pick up Trey and to see one of my best friends, Fred, who happened to be in town from Jacksonville. After dinner with him, we finally ended up in Cleveland at about 11:00 where I unpacked and started the laundry. LOL. Least to say, I am exhausted!!

Now I am at the office trying to get caught up on some things so I can ditch out early and run home and repack my suitcase to head to CHICAGO tomorrow for a girls weekend. I am totally looking forward to it, but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it....I'll let you know after the Segway Tour, Kayacking Trip, and Scavenger Hunt!! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment