Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Inlaws and Outlaws

Brad's birthday is this weekend. I got him a dvd for his birthday, The Dancing Outlaw. (http://www.dancingoutlaw.com/index.aspx) It is a documentary our friends Z & C had us watch that is CRA-ZEE. Hillbilly-ville. Well Brad was so into it and he totally wanted to see the follow up. This will be a classic in our family for years to come. I didn't spring for the "Limited Addition". Not sure what is in that bonus track, but I don't think it is worth an extra $50.00. Here is a description:
"Nestled deep within the heart of the mountains of Boone County, West Virginia reigns a King. The King - Jesco White, The Dancing Outlaw. Jesco is a living legend. The last of the Mountain Dancers, his style is unique to the mountain culture. Resembling tap dancing, it's a tradition passed down from father to son - as were his dancing shoes. His dance floor? An 8 by 4 piece of plywood or the roof of his canine companion Duke's doghouse.
His venue? The front yard, the den of Jesco's and Norma Jean's trailer, or any place the spirit moves.
But dancing isn't the only phenomenon that emanates from the cabin. On quiet nights, legend has it, you can hear the echoes of vintage Elvis tunes careening off the walls of Jesco's Elvis room and through the mountains of Boone county. Jesco belts out Elvis tunes as only a true King can."

My friend Jenn came to town last night and we went to dinner and sushi-ed it up. It was good to see her.
On the ebay front, I bid on an ottoman/coffee table that was most perfect yesterday.

I waited until the last 10 minutes it was up for auction and there was a frenzy. I was given a second chance to bid today, because I think the seller is a manufacturer and they have tons of them in stock. We shall see. Brad told me it was my last purchase of '05. :( Good thing it is september already!!

PS. Is everyone surprised I didn't talk about the finale of Six Feet Under? It was phenomenal. And the song in the end, Breathe Me by Sia, awesome. I actually found a place to download it off the internet, damn you itunes. Couldn't get it there, because you can't just buy that one song, big mistake. Some people thought the ending was cheesy, but I liked it because there was closure. Now to wait for the Sopranos....

No comments:

Post a Comment