Friday, November 03, 2006

Some interesting things...

to me anyways.

Today as I was driving to work I noticed a bright yellow leaf stuck in the snow drift on the hood of my car. The seasons moved so fast this year there was no time for the leaves to even turn brown. I don't know where October went and I have a feeling November is going to be the same way.

The other day B and I had this conversation:
E: Did you hear Reese Witherspoon and her husband are getting divorced?
B: No! Really?
E: Yeah, I heard it today.
B: That's surprising, they seem like a good couple.
That conversation was spoken with the same passion as it would have been if it was our best friends or our next door neighbors. Weird how celebrities are like that. That must by why they get stalked all the time, people think they "know" them. Even more weird (but AWESOME for me), is that my husband and I have conversations like that.

B put a nail through his finger 2 nights ago. It went in through the front and out through the back as he was pulling boards off of the back porch getting it ready to be enclosed. The interesting thing about this--he claimed it didn't hurt AT ALL. Don't know if it was the shock or what, but crazy. I would have been in straight up hysterics. In fact I felt a little sick thinking about it and all the germs that could be in there. Guess this is preparing me for when my kids come in the house with their little bones sticking out of their skin after they fell off of the swing set. YUCK. B got a tetanus shot yesterday and all is right with the world again.

I have taken to referring to the Baby's Room as "Trey's Room". Don't know if it is because he is getting closer to getting here or the room is closer to done, but weird I think. Sometimes I think about how I don't even know him. But I guess I must know him more then anyone else because I am really the only thing he knows so far. I also like referring to my baby as "Fetus" and "Good Ole' Number 3". I think I am getting crazier and crazier as time goes on. Hey! No comments from the peanut gallery over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment