Thursday, January 31, 2008

Road Trip



We went down to Columbus this past weekend to visit my cousins, Jack, Kate, & Katie. We had a really good time and with everyone being in Florida or Georgia, it is nice to have some family close by. Jack and Katie are my closest in age cousins, and I always loved when we would get together and visit, there was never much to do at our grandparents so it took a lot of imagination to entertain ourselves! Captain Caveman and Cousin, the penny game, Rodney Reindeer, family salad and funeral brownies are all things I am sure we will pass on to our kids. On Saturday we headed out to Cheesecake Factory for dinner, Trey was a little piggy and ate everything in site, but was otherwise on his best behavior. On Sunday afternoon we headed out to COSI (Center of Science and Industry). COSI was a favorite of mine as a kid. When I was a girl scout we used to go there on a weekend overnight and it was always a blast. It was fun checking out the new space and exhibits. Trey enjoyed the Little KidSpace, an area just for infants to toddlers with lots of fun things for him to play with.



Here is a video of him experiencing the slide for the first time, luckily Jack was there to catch him so Brad could work the camera.



He also enjoyed this light tube, his mohawk from the water area makes it look like he is getting electrocuted!



On my front, I got a job. Weird how things happen when you are not expecting it. I was minding my own business doing freelance and ended up getting an interview at a company in Cleveland that has an awesome reputation and has been written up in Forbes for how well they treat their employees! Of course, after my last full time job experience, I am a little wary but let's hope for the best. I will miss spending time with Trey, but it shouldn't be too bad in the beginning because we are going to Atlanta in two weeks together. I am sure after the flight alone with him I will be ready to send him back to daycare :)

We are headed out to dinner this weekend to celebrate my birthday. I am looking forward to seeing all of my friends and a large martini!

1 comment:

  1. I just played the penny game with Brie today!! Who is watching Trey when you go out. Wish I was going. I'm dying for a night out and some spirits.

    ReplyDelete